2011's Race Cancellation

Last year's edition of Kendra's Race was scheduled to take place on March 20, 2011. Unfortunately, Santa Barbara experienced heavy rains, strong winds, and heavy surf the night before, which added up to the worst conditions we experienced all year. Sections of the bike course flooded, with debris covering the rest. The water conditions and visibility were so poor that the lifeguards could not allow the swim to take place. Even the run course was muddy and washed out. Our race director at the time, Peter Burns, was forced to make the heart-breaking decision to cancel the race.
Since most of the race expenses were non-refundable, we ended up with only minimal proceeds and were not able to offer refunds. However, in light of the circumstances, we found it appropriate to donate 100% the profits we did make to Kendra's Fund.
We would like to reassure those interested in the 2012 race that the conditions which forced us to cancel the 2011 race are not typical for Santa Barbara in late March. Rain, wind, and surf can of course make the course more difficult, but only extreme cases like we experienced in 2011 will force us to cancel or alter the race. While we cannot guarantee refunds in the case of cancellation due to weather in 2012 (you will be hard-pressed to find any race that does), you can be assured of our conscientious commitment to bring you a safe and high-quality race.
If you registered for the 2011 race, you will receive an email from the new race directors with a coupon code for a deep discount on the 2012 race. If you do not receive this email by November 1, please email the race directors at racedirector@kendrasrace.com.